Mental health and multicultural policy
Are you interested in how emerging national health and social policies will affect people from immigrant and refugee backgrounds who experience mental ill health?
MHiMA has contributed to a number of important recent policy discussions and other consultations. Details about each of these consultations has been posted in latest news. See below for an up-to-date list of MHiMA policy responses since 2012.
For relevant national, state and territory mental health and multicultural polices, plans and frameworks, browse MHiMA's knowledge exchange.
The Framework for Mental Health in Multicultural Australia: Towards culturally inclusive service delivery aims to provide public, private and community mental health services with easy-to-use practical strategies, tools and resources that will increase their cultural responsiveness.
It includes a comprehensive list of current policies, plans, frameworks, standards and legislation. The Framework is due for release in late 2013. View an update on our progress here
MHiMA policy and consultation responses
Independent Hospital Pricing Authority (IHPA) 3 February 2013
- National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) 3 October 2012
- Pharmaceutical Society of Australia (PSA) 29 August 2012
- National Recovery-Oriented Mental Health Practice and Service Delivery Framework Project 17 August 2012
- The National Anti-Racism Strategy 30 May 2012
- National Recovery-Oriented Mental Health Practice and Service Delivery Framework Project 30 April 2012
- Access and Equity: Inquiry into the responsiveness of Australian Government services to Australia's culturally and linguistically diverse population, December 2011 28 February 2012