Mental health and multicultural policy
Are you interested in how emerging national health and social policies will affect people from immigrant and refugee backgrounds who experience mental ill health?
MHiMA has contributed to a number of important recent policy discussions and other consultations. Details about each of these consultations has been posted in latest news. See below for an up-to-date list of MHiMA policy responses since 2012.
For relevant national, state and territory mental health and multicultural polices, plans and frameworks, browse MHiMA's knowledge exchange.
The Framework for Mental Health in Multicultural Australia: Towards culturally inclusive service delivery aims to provide public, private and community mental health services with easy-to-use practical strategies, tools and resources that will increase their cultural responsiveness. It includes a comprehensive list of current policies, plans, frameworks, standards and legislation.
MHiMA policy and consultation responses
- MHiMA Response to National Mental Health Commission Review 28 April 2015
- National Mental Health Consumer Organisation: Constitution Consultation 30 May 2014
- National Mental Health Core Capabilities Consultation: Feedback form 2 May 2014
- Young Carer Bursary Programme (YCBP): Feedback and advice from Mental Health in Multicultural Australia (MHiMA) 30 April 2014
- National Mental Health Commission Review of Mental Health Services (online submission) 15 April 2014
- Australian Commission on Safety and Quality in Healthcare Consultation Paper on: Consumers, the health system and health literacy: Taking action to improve safety and quality 1 September 2013
- Consultation draft: Accreditation workbook for mental health services 30 March 2013
Independent Hospital Pricing Authority (IHPA) 3 February 2013
- National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) 3 October 2012
- Pharmaceutical Society of Australia (PSA) 29 August 2012
- National Recovery-Oriented Mental Health Practice and Service Delivery Framework Project 17 August 2012
- The National Anti-Racism Strategy 30 May 2012
- National Recovery-Oriented Mental Health Practice and Service Delivery Framework Project 30 April 2012
- Access and Equity: Inquiry into the responsiveness of Australian Government services to Australia's culturally and linguistically diverse population, December 2011 28 February 2012